Comment on page
Package for Linux (it's easy)
You're probably wondering why your project needs to be packaged for Linux. While Windows-based pixel stream systems are great if you only need a small number of users to access your project, they do not scale well.
Odyssey is built for dynamic scaling of Unreal pixel streaming sessions, where 1000+ users could join your session in an instant. The only way that massive scaling is possible is by using Linux builds.
- 1.Download the Linux Cross-Compile Toolchain for your Unreal Engine version. Here is the correct download for 5.2:Cross-Compile Toolchain compatible with Unreal Engine version 5.2
- 2.Open the downloaded file to install the Cross-Compile Toolchain. Just leave everything at default... And that's it! You're ready to package to Linux now.
- 1.Open your project
- 2.Select Platforms -> Linux -> Package Project
- 3.Select an output directory and wait for the packaging process to finish.
- 4.Go to your packaging output directory (
Linux) and zip the directory (right click -> Compress to ZIP file).
Last modified 13d ago